I'm loving the stress-busting and happiness-elevating effects I've experienced from taking a few moments each day to focus on my breath. You too can supercharge your reality, amp up your life force and bring tranquility into your everyday with these simple, relaxing breathing exercises.
- Sitting comfortably, close your eyes and breathe deeply from your belly for a few minutes to get your lungs limbered up.
- Make an "O" shape with your lips and poke your curled tongue out as far as you can, forming a "straw" to sip the air through.
- Inhale deeply through the hole in your curled tongue, focusing on the cooling sensation as the fresh, moist air fills your lungs and spreads coolness throughout your entire body.
Can't curl your tongue? No sweat!
- Try replicating the effect by gritting your teeth gently together, opening your lips so your teeth are exposed to the air and sucking your breath in through the gaps in you teeth instead.
Check out the Cooling Breath (or Taco Breath?!) in action:
- Keeping your mouth closed, breathe rapidly in and out through your nostrils.
- On the exhale, flex your belly and pump your navel inwards, consciously pulling it back towards your spine.
- As you inhale, push your belly out like a buddha, which allows you to take in deep, full breaths and fill your lungs completely with energizing oxygen.
- Start out slowly as you perfect this nose-breathing-stomach-pumping technique, and once you've got the muscle memory established, you'll be able to pick up the pace and really stoke your fire inside.
- Reduce inflammation
- Relieve chronic pain
- Increase energy levels
- Decrease Depression and Anxiety
- Reverse Rheumatoid Arthritis and Diabetes
- ...plus a plethora of other benefits
The Wim Hof Method is based on three pillars- The breathing technique, gradual cold exposure in the form of cold showers or ice baths, and a committed mindset.
It's very important to note that you must not practice this breathing technique standing up, while you're driving, if you're in or around water, or while you are pregnant. When you breathe in, take the biggest breaths you can; then passively exhale, do not breathe fully out.
Watch this video below to learn this incredibly simple and profoundly impactful breathing technique.
I'll let Wim take it from here...
My bet is that you'll be feeling pretty blissed out and empowered after all this positive breathwork!
Hit me up in the comments below, I'd love to hear your impressions of using the power of your breath to amplify your existence. Wishing a breath of blissful clarity to you all...
With love and light,
Author | Incense Falls